Scott James Sash Window Specialists is an experienced LandVac glass installer serving Essex and East Anglia.
At Scott James, we’ve always striven to provide our clients with the highest quality service and solutions.
We believe in innovation, and LandVac’s groundbreaking VIG technology takes wooden window reglazing to the next level.
What is LandVac glass, and why is it groundbreaking
LandVac Vacuum Double Glazing offers a noteworthy U-value of 0.48. This performance measure indicates a high level of thermal insulation, equivalent to that of a well-insulated wall. This can lead to an improved energy efficiency rating for your home, especially when retrofitting existing wooden windows LandVac vacuum glazing.
Moreover, LandVac glazing includes tempered glass as a standard feature. Tempered glass, known for its increased strength compared to regular glass, offers an added layer of resilience and safety.
These two aspects, the superior thermal performance and the increased durability due to tempered glass, make LandVac vacuum glazing a notable option in the field of period wooden window glazing retrofitting.
It presents a choice that blends advanced insulation capabilities with a robust glass construction, offering potential advantages for homeowners considering window upgrades.
Benefits of LandVac Vacuum Double Glazing
Enhanced Energy Efficiency – Thermal insulation performance
With LandVac Vacuum Double Glazing, you’ll be impressed by the enhanced energy efficiency. Thanks to its remarkable U-value of 0.48.
The U-value, or thermal transmittance, measures how well a building element, such as a window or wall, can insulate.
A lower U-value indicates better insulation. Here’s how a U-value of 0.48 compares to some other U-values:
1. U-value of 0.48 (LandVac Vacuum Double Glazing): This is a highly efficient thermal insulation rating. It’s superior to most traditional glazing options, ensuring that heat stays inside in the winter and outside in the summer.
2. U-value around 1.6: This is typical for standard double glazing. While it provides decent insulation, it’s not as efficient as LandVac’s vacuum double glazing.
3. U-value around 2.0: This is common for single-glazed windows, which are not very effective at retaining heat. This indicates poor insulation, which is typically found in older, single-pane windows. These windows can be significant sources of heat loss.
Safety glass as standard
Unlike other VIG (Vacuum Insulated Glazing) brands, LandVac comes with tempered safety glass as standard.
This feature makes it easier to handle during installation, reduces the likelihood of glass breakage during delivery, and enhances safety for you as the end user.
Few benefits of tempered glass over standard window glass
- Increased Safety: Tempered glass is four to five times stronger than standard glass. If it does break, it shatters into small, granular pieces instead of large, sharp shards, reducing the risk of injury.
- Enhanced Durability: Tempered glass is more resistant to breakage from impacts, temperature changes, and severe weather. This makes your windows more resilient and long-lasting.
- Better Sound Insulation: Tempered glass can also provide better sound insulation compared to standard glass, helping to keep your home quieter and more peaceful.
- Low Maintenance: Due to its strength and durability, tempered glass requires less frequent replacement and can handle heavier cleaning methods without scratching or breaking.
- Added Value: Windows with tempered glass can add value to your home, both in terms of increased safety and potential appeal to future buyers who value these upgraded features.
Noise Reduction – Acoustic Performance
LandVac doesn’t just excel at thermal insulation and offers an impressive Sound Reduction Index (Rw) of 39 dB, significantly reducing noise levels.
This high decibel rating signifies a notable degree of soundproofing, making it an ideal choice for homes in busy areas or near high-traffic routes.
With LandVac, you can expect a quieter, more peaceful living space, irrespective of the noise level outside.
Designed for Retrofitting Original Wooden Windows
With a slim profile of just 8.3mm, LandVac Vacuum Double Glazing offers exceptional performance without compromising the aesthetics of your home.
This thinness makes it an ideal choice for retrofitting traditional sash windows.
By opting for LandVac, you can maintain the classic appeal of your original wooden windows while significantly enhancing their functionality and energy efficiency.
Why choose Scott James Window Specialists for your LandVac installation project?
Our team has been retrofitting single-glazed windows with vacuum double-glazing units since this technology hit the market back in 2014. At that time, we were using Pilkington Spacia vacuum double glazing.
Later, we became a leading installer of FINEO glass. Thus, our team is well-experienced and has proven records of working with all types of vacuum double glazing, including LandVac.
At Scott James, we understand that every home and homeowner has unique needs and preferences. That’s why we are committed to offering our clients a wide selection of various Vacuum Insulated Glazing (VIG) options to choose from.
We believe in providing versatile solutions that can meet diverse aesthetic and functional requirements. Whether you’re looking for optimal thermal performance, superior noise reduction, or a specific visual appeal, we’ve got a VIG option that will perfectly align with your needs.